Monday, January 7, 2013

My Affinity

There will always be a connection with family. I love my parents, I love my wife, I love my brothers and sister but I have never felt near the way I love my daughter Mia. The day she was born something changed in my molecular structure. The only way I could describe at the time, and to this day, is that I became an "emotional ball of goo."

I felt an affinity for her that I never felt before. I looked at my wife, my life, and everyone else in a different light. Something drew me toward something brighter, something bigger than myself. This child was the best thing that could have ever come into my life. I felt so honored that I was entrusted in her upbringing while it was her that truly turned me into who, and what, I am today.

She is the brightest star in my sky. She is the blood in my veins, and mine in hers. Her, my wife, and God all hold my heart in their trinity. Thank you all for sharing my Affinity.

No comments:

Post a Comment